A Conversation for Amber

Old Amber

Post 1

Bluebottle

The oldest insect-containing amber in the world is found on the Isle of Wight, and is 130,000,000 years old. See: A664661

<BB<


Old Amber

Post 2

Azara

Thanks for the info, Bluebottle!

When I was writing the entry, I was amazed at how much interesting stuff there is to find out about amber - I'm surprised someone hasn't done a popular science bestseller about it! I had to leave out so much to keep the entry short.

smiley - cheers
Azara
smiley - rose


Old Amber

Post 3

Bluebottle

I know the feeling with many of the articles I've written. smiley - winkeye
So, how did you get interested in Amber, and how much do you own?

<BB<


Old Amber

Post 4

Azara

I'm interested in semi-precious stones generally (partly because they're the best I can afford!) Tiger's eye quartz is actually my favourite stone, but I have a necklace and a couple of pairs of earrings in a very nice orange amber. I love the warm feel of amber compared to other stones. So when I saw that the h2g2 entry was one of those annoying Old Writing Team ones, I couldn't resist writing a new one!

Azara
smiley - rose


Old Amber

Post 5

Bluebottle

Ah yes, the little: A2971 article. smiley - winkeye
I remember them - back in the days when articles were all jokes, and not at all serious in any possible way.
But not very informative, I must admit. smiley - winkeye

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more