The h2g2 Post 26.07.10

0 Conversations


Posted: 26th July 2010


 

 

Holidays

Well, this is the last regular issue of the Post before we all go into our well-deserved summer break. There'll be our summer specials, of course, and we spared neither cost nor effort to select our favourites from the last 12 months or so. Make sure to tune in each week. Normal service will be resumed on 6 September.

I bought an ebook reader last week, and I blame Dmitri, who had told me that he was about to buy one. I had toyed with the idea for a long while, and when I saw in the newsletter of my online book store that they had relatively cheap ones, and what with Dmitri being on his way to the shop to buy one, I started to search for reviews. What I found was positive and convincing, so I ordered it. It arrived on Saturday and is easy to use - well, what's pre-installed on it, that is. I have yet to suss out how to upload texts from my PC. I only managed to upload one document, and since I can't remember how I did it, I don't know how to repeat that. So if anyone of you is familiar with a Sony Reader PRS 300, please leave me a message.

There was more I meant to write, but I forgot. I was so focussed on the instruction manual of my new toy that my brain is over capacity. Good job it's the summer break now. smiley - winkeye


Bel


 

 
DRIVE IN

 

 

 

 
HE WHO WRITES, REMAINS

 

 
MUSIC ALL OVER THE WORLD

 

 
WONDERS OF NATURE

 

 

 

 
NATURE AT ITS WORST

 

 

  • The Living Earth

  • From the Archives: Droughts, fires, storms, floods,
    and an asteroid threat : the world last month

VELOCITY AND MOVEMENT: METRIC OR IMPERIAL?

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A68959822

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more