A Conversation for Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK

Sheffield Things

Post 1

Surrendermonkey

Also not to be missed for the visitor of discretion, Chubbys (Carver Street? - between Cole Brothers' Sports shop and The Sportsman) for fast food without equal, Kelham Island Industrial Museum (Penistone road?) for history (and stop by the Fat Cat for wines made out of unusual things), The Frog and Parrot (Devonshire Street) for micro-brewery related fun. The excellent and not-at-all intimidating Ski village for - well, Skiing, The Sheffield Steelers for Ice Hockey (an excellent diversion, so I'm told), the Excelsior in Hillsborough for Chinese food (alas, Sarah's Afro-Caribean near Hillsborough Corner is no more. Anyone know what happened to Sam?), and - for Royalist history afficionados only - the little-heeded Dore Stone (out in Dore, unsurprisingly).
However, Sheffield is forever "A mucky picture in a beautiful frame" - a famous quote by someone. The thing to do in Sheffield is use it as a base - seriously, bring yer boots.

ps Chubbys needs an entry of its own.


Good pub Guide!

Post 2

pathetical, formerly "madmaz- zaphodista, marshmallow minister, vegetarian and torturer (among other things)..."

Well, then write one.... Duh.smiley - biggrin

Madmazsmiley - nahnah

P.S. Is this the start of the 'Good pub guide' to Sheffield?

I do think we should have one. smiley - cheers

--Any suggestions?


Good pub Guide!

Post 3

GonzoTheGreat

The Ale Trail -

New Barrack Tavern
Hillsborough Hotel
Gardeners Rest
Cask and Cutler
Kelham Island Tavern
Fat Cat

If you are in town the Devonshire Cat and out heading south the Sheaf View.

So let's start reviews


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more