Masterbrain

1 Conversation




THE h2g2 POST introduces
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"POST MASTERBRAIN"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


NOVEMBER MASTERBRAIN QUESTIONS

  • By which three initials is an electrocardiograph commonly known?

  • Which female pop singer had hits with 'Luka' and 'Marlene on the Wall'?

  • Nelli Kim was an Olympic star in which sport?

  • In the human body, are 'carpals' bones that make up the ankle or the wrist joints?

  • In 1818, who wrote the novel Frankenstein?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



MASTERBRAIN SCOREBOARD

Croz 0 points
Munchkin 0 points
Jeny 0 points
Kandyman 0 points
aliashell 0 points


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Five contestants are needed each month to challenge each other to try and become the monthly 'Post Masterbrain' winner.


Each contestant will be e-mailed five questions, once a week, for four weeks. The questions will also be printed weekly in The Post; the answers will be published in the conversation section below this page.


Each contestant will get a point for every correct question they answer, plus bonus point(s) for how quickly they reply to the e-mailed questions.


That means that a contestant with five correct answers, and the quickest e-mail reply will get ten points. One for each correct question and five for the fastest reply. The second fastest will get four bonus points, the third fastest will get three bonus points and so on, down to one bonus point for the last to reply.


A results board will be shown every week here, so you can keep up to date with the latest winners, and try to guess who will become the ultimate Masterbrain.


The questions will all be general knowledge, so some intelligence as well as quickness and luck will be needed. They are not guaranteed to go out every week at the exact same time, but will be sent out sometime on the Wednesday before 'The Post' is published. The answers will not be printed on this page until all replies from contestants are received.


To enter all you have to do is E-MAIL ME and tell me your h2g2 name and your h2g2 researcher number. If you are lucky enough to be chosen to play then you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Only five contestant's will be chosen each month for the following months competition. Your application will be stored and you will be asked to take part in a proceeding months' Masterbrain.


This is a brand new venture for The Post, and relies on reader support, and so only time will tell if this project takes off, and becomes a regular thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Send your Masterbrain applications to me here:-

Greebo T. Cat's E-Mail Address



Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

08.11.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A654455

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more