A Conversation for Internet Addiction

I've found that...

Post 1

MaW

I don't think I'm actually addicted to the Internet, but I certainly spend a lot of time online. Why's that? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's got a lot to do with sites like h2g2 and the Netland White Tower. The ability to meet other people who are at least as mad as myself is what keeps me coming back really, that and a forum to publish my writings and exercise my imagination in all kinds of ways not normally possible (or indeed socially acceptable).

I've augmented the friendships I have made on line with (in some cases) RL meets, such as the h2g2 meets, and I've met a few other people I've encountered online as well. I think this has only made it worse, because I really know the people better than, and spend even more time talking to them...

IRC and instant messenging are quite dangerous, really. But fun!


Key: Complain about this post

I've found that...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more