A Conversation for Great Party Games

Games ... Yippee

Post 1

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

I've trawled through my data banks and it appears that most of the games I am aware of are best where there are equal numbers of females to males ... that's not to say they aren't pertinent so I'll give you a quick run down.

Flounders ... everybody splits up into a boy-girl couple and goes off and hides and nobody looks for anyone. Depending on how well the flounders get on, the longer the game lasts ... it has been known for one game to last a whole weekend, if not longer in some couples' cases. Make of it what you will.

The Zoo ... A list of animals is made that is half the number of people playing. Every player draws the name of an animal from a hat (or other suitable receptical), and returns it so that the opposite sex can then do like wise. Everyone gets down on their hands and knees, the lights are turned out and everyone makes their respective animals noise. When you find your partner you swap clothes (lights out saves any embarrassing underwear!) until ... the first couple to compete their swap, leaps up and turns the lights on. I don't suit a crop top and I know that the leggings I wore look more like tracksuit trousers but hell, it's all part of growing up!

Ring of Fire ... one of many playing card based games. A deck of cards is scattered liberally over the floor and everyone gathers around. All of the cards are given a value (eg 7 = Loo Card - ie you can't go to the loo unless you have a 7; Ace = swap clothes with the person to your left; King = toast someone, anyone) If you pick up a card and fail to do what it requires you have to drink ... ok maybe that's not the kind of game you're after ... hillarious all the same.

Can't think of any others at the moment, but I'll keep picking.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more