A Conversation for Universal Redshift

intrinsic redshifts

Post 1

Marshall_R

Halton Arp has presented many observational data that demonstrste a need to rethink how we view redshifts as a measure of distance, especially in regard to "Quasars". Apparently many pairs of quasars which have extremely high redshifts(and are therefore thought to be receding from us very rapidly - and thus must be located at a great distance from us) have been observed to be physically connected to galaxies that have low redshift and are known to be relatively close by. It seems from this that the assumption (and we all know what happens when we "assume") that all high red shift objects have to be very far away may be intrinsically flawed! As this is the same assumption on which the "Big Bang" theory and all of "accepted cosmology" is, for the most part, based, it implies that modern day scientists from Earth will be regarded by their descendents of 300 years hence the way modern scientists from Earth look at their ancestors of 300 years before....

Check out his book Seeing Red, as well as his website
http://www.haltonarp.com/


Key: Complain about this post

intrinsic redshifts

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more