A Conversation for Spicing up Your Patio

Talking of statues

Post 1

I'm not really here

They don't always need clear space around them. The big ones often look good half hidden in shrubbery. That way people have to walk about the garden to see them clearly. I saw a statue of Bacchus once, it was £500 (half price) and I've always regretted not buying it.
So what if my garden is only 60'? The God of wine has a place in any researchers garden!


Talking of statues

Post 2

tom

Hi Mina

sorry - I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Sometimes a statue in the middle of a clear bit of lawn can be nice. Sometimes one twinkling behind a border of leaves can be even more so.

What I meant was more the provision of green space between statues so that they don't look like a row of tins on a supermarket shelf. It can be tempting to put more and more stuff in cos individually they're so nice that in th end you can't appreciate an individual cos of the one next to it crowding in.

I don't have much cos of poverty rather than taste of course smiley - biggrin


Talking of statues

Post 3

I'm not really here

I see what you mean, I wouldn't like a line parading across the garden either, but I do think Bachus would have fitted in really well around here. I'll keep looking. smiley - smiley


Talking of statues

Post 4

tom



Ah my dear. If you only knew his reputation which I cannot possibly say more of to one so young and innocent.

He is not for such a sweet child as you. See how he has already bewitched you.. *You* are paying for *his* presence and for the whole celebration...

I predict the worst my dear.... Be warned by an older and wiser friend


Talking of statues

Post 5

I'm not really here

I'll try to keep that in mind. smiley - smiley


Talking of statues

Post 6

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

When we were on holiday in Devon we visited a place called Berrynarbor (spelling!). We were intrigued to see lots of houses with flowerpot men in their gardens, planted up with all sorts of aattractive plants. We discovered that these were made and sold locally, and now have one on our patio smiley - biggrin. We have ours planted up with pansies, but find we have to use water-retention crystals.

They have a website:

http://flowerpot-man.com/


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more