A Conversation for John Creasey and Inspector West

Paperback hunter

Post 1

Researcher 201970

Firstly its a real pleasure to find this site, for a while now I have been looking for more information on John Creasey.

I have been collecting John Creasey books since I was about 15; my Dad got me hooked when he gave me 'A Gun for Insp West'
Now im 27 and together we have collected over 250 books.

For me the West books are very special, its the first group of books that I started reading (I think im 3 books short!) Its the attention to detail in both the characters and their surroundings. The books become very real if you walk around Great Scotland Yard Rd and around Whitehall (and where is that small dark side street that everyone walks past...)

John Creaseys' books have been a huge influence on my interest in crime and also in my artwork, Some of the illustrations are classic.

At the moment im putting my book list onto a website, it would be great to have a link to it from this site. Would this be possible?

Steve.


Key: Complain about this post

Paperback hunter

More Conversations for John Creasey and Inspector West

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more