A Conversation for Marietta, Ohio, USA

Marietta, OH

Post 1

Researcher 194966

The reasearcher that did the story about Marietta, Ohio was so far afield I feel insulted by this fine example of irresponsible journalism. Case and point the pollution has been cleaned up and Washington County is not in the 90th percentile of polluted areas. As of this date the factories that operate in this county stand as examples of how clean a factory can operate and shown as such by the parent corporations. While I cannot confirm the authors statement about cancer rates in this county - I think it is more attributed to the number of cigarettes consumed than anything in the atmosphere.

As a retired U.S. military officer I have been to most countries in the world, lived in or have had extended visits in every state in the U.S. and when it came time to make my next to the last move in my life [my last move will be to Arlington National Cemetary] my wife and I chose Marietta, Ohio.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more