A Conversation for The Works of Terry Pratchett

[The Light Fantastic] 'This novel is the only direct sequel in the Discworld series.'

Post 1

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

I don't have a copy of Lords and Ladies to hand, but I'm sure I recall an intoductory note linking it to Witches Abroad.

Anyone?


[The Light Fantastic] 'This novel is the only direct sequel in the Discworld series.'

Post 2

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

That doesn't make it a direct sequel. The introduction actually seemed to suggest that it was a sequel to Wyrd Sisters, and that Witches Abroad happened in between. At least that's what it seemed like to me.


[The Light Fantastic] 'This novel is the only direct sequel in the Discworld series.'

Post 3

Mad - I need a holiday, very seriously...

but surely some of the other rincewind books are direct sequels... the last continent for example, is definitely a sequel to one of the other ones (can't remember off the top of my head), they just don't happen to have been written one after the other. unless that's the definition of a direct sequel...


[The Light Fantastic] 'This novel is the only direct sequel in the Discworld series.'

Post 4

Cardi

Yeah the light fanstastic is the closest to be a 'sequel' but there a a lot of books that follow on from each other, it helps to read the mini-series books in order,

Rincewind Books
The Colour of Magic, Light Fantastic, Sourcery, Eric, Interesting Times, The Last Continent.

The Witches Books
Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies, Maskerade, Carpe Jugulum.

The Guards Books
Guards Guards, Men at Arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifth Elephant, Night Watch, Thud!

The Death Books
Mort, Reaper Man, Soul Music, Hogfather, Thief of Time

The others are all vaguely independant books. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more