A Conversation for Symmetry and CP Violation

Spiral of Creation

Post 1

Researcher 193915

CP-violation was already discussed by Plato in the Timaeus as R.G.Bury points out in his introduction to the Timaeus: "... we have to recognize that the Divine reason which in all things designs the best cannot always and completely realize its designs because of an intinsic and incorrigible element which subsists always in the World." By carefully reading the Timaeus the answer to why this is, is given. By studying musical theory and especially tuning problems (closely examine the ring of fifths!) one can arrive at same answer.

As scientists have come to agree with the old sages: Nada Brahma, everything is vibration. So let's study vibrational behaviour especially musical theory. The "ring of fifths" is not a closed cirle the last fifth to close the circle misses the starting point by a fraction called the Pythagorean Comma. It is this fraction that is closely related to CP-violation, the imbalance between matter and antimatter, the reason why we are here and not perpetually going around in a sterile cycle. The result is what I call the Spiral of Creation. This spiral is the true ring of fifths, fifths that haven't been tempered with like on a piano to make all octaves the same. Although this musical insight has brought us great music, the universe sticks to the pure untempered fifths. This results in a perplexing complexity with only a few iterative rules as the starting point.

I am currently working on a web site, called "The Spiral of Creation" that will explain more of the above. The address is www.vpmultimedia.com/spiral/.


Spiral of Creation

Post 2

FatAlex

This all sounded quite interesting so I visited the site. To be honest I found it very hard indeed to follow which is a bit of a shame because its hard to tell with there is something in it or it is mysticism. i did see that the site is still under construction so perhaps it will change.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Symmetry and CP Violation

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more