h2g2 Scottish meet July 21st - directions and stuff

0 Conversations

Meeting up

We are aiming to meet up in Glasgow Central Station around 12 noon, in Ghillie Brown's Bar. This is on the first floor above the shops on the right hand side of the station concourse (if you are facing the platforms). The stairs are tucked in between the Sock Shop and the toilets. You can get a map of the station by going here and selecting the 'maps' option (duh). The stairs are number 14, and the bar itself stretches out over numbers 9, 8, 7, 6, etc. There is also a self-service restaurant on the other side of the stairs (Guv'nor's Restaurant) if anyone feels peckish, and there's a Burger King if anyone feels like being ripped off. (an exaggeration maybe, but there is another BK literally just across the road that is cheaper. Anyway.)

The GSC

Getting there: Take the low-level train (platform 14 or 15) from Central to the Exhibition centre station (It's the second stop). From there head south through the big plastic tunnel thingy over the expressway to the exhibition centre. Then cross the river via the footbridge (or just walk on water, as appropriate). The GSC comprises the two shiny buildings and the honkin' great tower. You really, really can't miss it. There's a map an' all.

Why do I just know that's asking for trouble...

Getting to the Pub

From the GSC - well, it'll probably depend on the time we go. The underground is the first choice (Cessnock to Hillhead) but according to Wumbeevil there is a Rangers friendly on that day, and if the match has finished... eurgg. In that case we could either take the train from the Exhibition centre to Partick and walk from there, or just walk the whole way if people feel energetic. Heck, we'll work something out.

After that I figure any plan I make will fall apart anyway so... remember to charge the mobile phones people!


Jamie


19.07.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A597053

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more