A Conversation for Contact Juggling

Links could be nice here...

Post 1

Willem

This sounds like a very interesting, entertaining and enjoyable hobby! What a pity you can't have pictures here. Your description is adequate to give me an idea of what you're talking about, but still, it would be helpful to be able to *see* it.

Also, if you could here put links to sites on contact juggling it will also be very useful. I am doing a Google search now, and the first site for instance is one where I need to log in, while the second has a few video clips that I'm downloading now ... hoping fervently that they will actually work on my computer ... but the thing is, someone who writes an entry like this has already done some research on the subject, probably lots of online research (well, I would have...) and so already knows which sites are good and which not, and can put in only the best links, and say for instance "these sites have pictures, and these sites have videos of different formats that download reliably and work on most people's computers" and so on. Maybe I am wrong, but I have this idea that some people read these entries because they actually want to learn something about the subject ...? An entry such as this one can never be anything more than a brief introduction ... the idea is to get people interested isn't it, and if they're interested, they'll want to know more.

So why not put in a few links ... you can still do that, you know?! I can tell you if I find some good sites, if you won't mind?


Links could be nice here...

Post 2

Willem

Hmmm ... maybe that is going to be difficul, because I will have to spend a huge amount of time combing through each site to make sure that there is nothing anywhere in it, or within one or two links from it, that could possibly or conceivably be considered offensive to 'our users'

Sorry ... just couldn't resist that! smiley - devil


Links could be nice here...

Post 3

Willem

Hey the clip works and it's great!!! What a neat trick! The site is 'contact juggling - an online tutorial' and the clip is the very first one and shows everything you described, in great detail, and more, plus how totally cool it looks.

No, sorry, I am *not* going to comb through everything, I don't have that kind of time. The site looks like a good and clean one.


Links could be nice here...

Post 4

26199

Ah, if you want to learn about contact juggling, the very best site (as far as I'm aware) is the .net one with the completely obvious url. It has everything from beginners' guides to video clips of a large number of moves...

If you want to see some *really* impressive contact juggling, get hold of a copy of 'In Motion with Michael Moschen'... it's available on US format video only from Amazon, dunno if anywhere else sells it... if you have a modern TV and VCR it'll work in the UK or other places an' you can get 'em to sent it abroad.

Anyway, it talks about Moschen's career and shows him doing a number of rather incredible performances, a couple of which show what can be done with contact juggling if you're willing to put in, oh, five or ten years...

If you feel like learning - good luck! It's great fun... and has a very nice effect on people. I was contact juggling on the beach a few weeks back, and a few days later in the same place got recognised (in the dark) by a bunch of people who asked if I was a magician... grin... have to love it.

26199


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more