The h2g2 Prayer Room

7 Conversations

What It Is

As the name suggests, the h2g2 Prayer Room is a place of prayer. You can either post a prayer there yourself or post a request for prayer, revealing as much or as little as you like. The Prayer Room is run by the Prayer Team, a group of Christian volunteers. The Team makes sure that all requests for prayer are answered, and naturally, they pray for anything that needs praying over. Anyone who is a Christian can volunteer to join the Prayer Team, and this can be done here. The Prayer Room is open to everyone, however, prayers should be addressed to God (i.e. the Christian God). This is because although all religions are to be respected, having a multi-religious Prayer Room could be disruptive in a manner that would not be helpful to the h2g2 Community. No-one wants the Prayer Room turning into a religious free-for-all!

What is Prayer?

Prayer is quite simply talking to God. Just as in a relationship with a person, in order to have a good relationship with God, it is vital to talk to Him. Likewise, it is important to listen to Him, as prayer should be a two way process.

How to Pray

As God is everywhere at once, you can pray at anytime, anywhere. You can pray out loud, or in your head, whatever feels more appropriate to you. There is no strict format for a prayer, it can be as simple as just talking to another person. However, it is normally customary to start a prayer by addressing God with 'Father', 'Lord' or some other title, and ending a prayer with 'Amen'. So prayer itself is quite simple.

Why Pray?

Christians believe that God is all powerful, all being and all seeing. This means that He can do anything, even things that are beyond our understanding, comprehension, and perception. By praying to God, you are talking to the most powerful person in the whole Universe: The one who made it. That's pretty awesome in my opinion. Jesus says in John 13:13-14 'And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.'. This is a promise to all Christians that prayer will be answered. Just be aware that God sometimes answers prayers in ways that we don't expect.

How to Use the Prayer Room

If you feel inclined to pray (either for yourself, or for others), or you want someone else to pray, feel free to go to the Prayer Room and post a request for prayer, or to pray yourself. Guidelines on how to pray, and ideas for prayers are in the Room itself, and if you feel anything is missing, please do say so! It should be stressed that the Room is open to Everyone. It is not an exclusive Christians only club.

If you want to find out more, or just have a chat with some Christian Researchers, go along to the Christians on h2g2 page. We're a friendly lot, and you can talk about anything you want, and if you're feeling brave, you could even start a discussion...

So to Sum Up...

The Prayer Room is for everyone and we would be happy to see you down there sometime. It's a relatively newish idea so any comments/feedback are much appreciated. So go and have a visit, and try something new!


Kenrick


12.07.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A591400

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more