A Conversation for 'Ultraviolet' - the TV Series

Errors

Post 1

Researcher PSG

Oh just noticed a really bad typing error:
In the bit on Code V material, the bullet point on active use of religious artifacts the word should be "by" not as it is now "bi"


Errors

Post 2

Researcher PSG

episode 5
the word should be "there" not "their" in the section "and their are some"


Errors

Post 3

Awix

This isn't another typo, but - the main entry seems to imply the series was broadcast at 9pm in its Channel 4 broadcast. It was 10pm. It's a nice little guide to a great series - though I would've included Corin Redgrave's character in the cast list. He may only be in the last two episodes but he was a key figure in the story.


Errors

Post 4

Researcher PSG

Actually I left him out on purpose because I didn't want to give the game away for those who didn't see it and I felt mentioning any of the Leeches might put me in that dodgy teritory.

Researcher PSG

p.s. was it 10pm? I'll have to check.


Errors

Post 5

Bez (arguaby the finest figure of a man ever found wearing Bez's underwear) <underpants>

The method of ressurection is not unknown after the sixth (final) episode.

Bez


Errors

Post 6

Researcher PSG

I know, but when I write about a TV series I tend to keep things back if there inclusion would spoil it for those who haven't seen it, and I didn't think it made the entry invalid by its exclusion.

Just my point of view smiley - smiley

Researcher PSG


Errors

Post 7

Awix

Just list Redgrave as 'Hoyle', that doesn't give anything away about his character. smiley - smiley

Wasn't there suppoed to be a US remake? Whatever happened to that?


Errors

Post 8

Researcher PSG

When we first meet redgraves character, we don't even know his name and that is one of the minor points of the episode. But apart from that if I list 1 code V I have to list them all, and that leads to giving the plot away, especially seeing as how if I write something about a character it may give it away, if I don't a new viewer will assume that they are code V from the start which again can cause problems.

This is just one of those series where a little discretion is required.


About the US remake I am hoping to GOD they aren't going to make it, as they are planning to make a hash of it and so sully the name.


Researcher PSG


US Pilot

Post 9

voidprime

The US pilot was made, but ity has never been aired. It featured Irdis Elba playing Vaughn in that pilot. It was produced by Howard Gordan and Chip Johannessen who are currently producers and writers on 24. Howard Gordon once commented in a moderated chat at www.scifi.com that the pilot wasn't very good, but I still I like to see it to make a judgement for myself on it.

ENTERLINE: http://enterline2.tripod.com/enterline

ULTRAVIOLET site (Work in Progress): http://uvcode5.tripod.com


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more