A Conversation for Making Your Own Board Games

Making Board Games

Post 1

I-persius

I have made sets of board games on wood in the past for my kids when I was hard up.

marking wooden boards it best done with a good soldering iron and a pice of chunky metal as a streight edge.

this will burn lines into the wood and for dots simply hold the iron steady for a while at that point.

it leaves satisfyingly black lines and dots at intersections. you can even create checkerboard patterns this way.

and personally I prefered my creations to many shop bought versions. they can look really professional and old.

also by preference the boards should be three ply wood or better as this is strong and will not warp. the whole thing should be varnished.

once the planning work is done you can create perhaps 3 doublesided boards over a relaxed saturday afternoon at the dinner table.


Making Board Games

Post 2

Vip

Thanks for commenting, Manatoba, and welcome to h2g2. smiley - smiley

I much prefer a handmade, wooden board over some piece of store-bought cardboard. It's good to know it's not just me!

See you around,

Vip

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Making Your Own Board Games

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more