A Conversation for Travelling in London

Motorbikes and scooters

Post 1

The Jabberwock

The best way of getting around London by far is a motorbike. They can go long distances without any effort on your part (unlike bicycles), on average they're as fast as a bicycle (they can go faster, but they can't go down bus lanes and have to respect red lights and pavements to a greater extent than cyclists do), you can park them free all over the place and they provide loads of excitement for the rider.

I'm told that scooter taxis exist (actualy scooter minicabs) but I've never seen one.


Motorbikes and scooters

Post 2

dentarthurdent

Couldn't agree more - Having a Vespa has transformed life in London - you can get just about anywhere in half an hour. Travelling has become fun again, you can get just about everything you need on and in a scooter (including a week's shopping for one/two) and best of all you get to whizz past morons in executive cars stuck in their traffic jams.

The only downside is that there are nowhere near enough parking spaces for motorbikes in the centre of London. Also it can get a bit nippy in winter, but if you dress warmly you should be ok.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more