Babylon-5 - Synopsis

2 Conversations

"It was the year of fire. It was the year we took back what was ours..."

Spoiler-alert!



This article may contain spoilers. The author has done his utmost best to try and avoid giving away information that is vital to the plot. However, some information has to be supplied in order to make sense so it is possible that this article contains some spoilers.


The lowdown



Babylon 5 is a Science Fiction TV-series that was originally aired in the U.S.A. in the 1990s. The story-arcs revolve around a spacestation - Babylon 5 - that is the last to be built to try and ensure peace between spacefaring races, including the human race.


The Babylon-project was set up after the clash of Humans and Minbari (during the 'Earth-Minbari war') to prevent events from repeating themselves.


The first four Babylon-stations were lost during their construction or shortly afterwards. It has been decided that Babylon-5 will be the last effort made.



The series has gone on to be one of the most popular SF TV-series ever. The most important difference between Babylon 5 and other series is that it was written as one story that would span 5 years and 5 seasons of episodes. So from the start the outline was clear to the producers. This has resulted in a very consistent series.


Unfortunately it also requires the viewer to watch at least three contiguous episodes. Three episodes is usually enough to follow one complete sub-storyarc.


The main storylines




*** ADDITIONAL INFO WILL FOLLOW ***




Recommended episodes :

Born to the Purple (season one)

Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?(season four)
The Summoning(season four)
Falling Toward Apotheosis(season four)
The Long Night(season four)
Into the Fire(season four)

The Fall of Centauri Prime(season five)

A Call to Arms(Movie)



Written by Towelmaster.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A587090

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more