A Conversation for The Kimagure Orange Road OAV

Pardon my ignorance, but... ?

Post 1

Spiff

Sorry to be negative, I assure you I am not usually one to put down other people's work, but...

Perhaps I really ought to know what OAV is or means, but I'm afraid I don't, and I certainly won't find out by reading this article. I quite fancied idly flicking through this article to see what it was all about, but faced with the unknown and unexplained acronym four times in the first couple of paragraphs, I abandoned the attempt.

I humbly suggest that you would help readers if you could make it clear what it means from the outset (in brackets after the first occurrence, or as a footnote perhaps).


Pardon my ignorance, but... ?

Post 2

Kipper The Anime Nut

Sorry, I should have explained OAV stands for Original Animation Video, which means that the series was released straight to video. This differentiates it from the Kimagure Orange Road TV series, which obviously was shown on Japanese TV before being released on video.

happy to help.
Kipper.


Key: Complain about this post

Pardon my ignorance, but... ?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more