A Conversation for Starlightlines Employee Forum

Discrimination in work.....

Post 1

john4efc66

I am a general manager of a bakery and cafe outlet and feel i have been discriminated against regarding overtime payments.
When i started with company i signed the contract which included a line stating that the company does not pay overtime i accepted this and signed the contract. I have since worked about 250 hrs overtime all unpaid. Then to my horror i found out that the company does actually pay overtime to the staff at the main bakery and thier assistants etc i also found out that they pay overtime to their drivers who bring the goods from the bakery to the shops each day AND i have found out recently that a 'floating' manager who works with me occasionally when im short staffed recieves all her overtime to the penny and indeed has stated to me that it is unfair that i or my shop staff recieve no overtime payments. Is this discrimination? i know i signed the contract but i was led to believe that the company did not pay overtime full stop!

Patricia.smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah


Key: Complain about this post

Discrimination in work.....

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more