A Conversation for The Joy of Socks

Socks in a different dimension

Post 1

Rachie D ..terrible at keeping in touch with people

I heard somewhere, that when socks go into the washing machine or tumble drier they go into a different dimension - accessed via the rear of the machine. They then turn up in whatever machine they feel like - their own, or someone else's.

Is this not true?


Socks in a different dimension

Post 2

Researcher 216716

YES.


Socks in a different dimension

Post 3

Rachie D ..terrible at keeping in touch with people

Where did you hear that - was it Paul Merton? smiley - biggrin


Socks in a different dimension

Post 4

Connie L

Yes, I am sure I have read that somewhere... On Internet ? Was it here, on h2g2 ? Can find it, seaching for "socks + dimension + tumble drier" just sends me back here...

Something about an experiment, on stage, someone being actually placed into the tumble drier...

Maybe the article went the same way the lost socks go !...


Socks in a different dimension

Post 5

Pheroneous

There are socks that seem to be able to evade the various filters in washing machines and find their way to the drainage outlets which they then block, causing floods and general havoc. Do they act alone, or is there a big fat sock controller somewhere?


Socks in a different dimension

Post 6

Rachie D ..terrible at keeping in touch with people

No, I think they just have their own collective consciousness. smiley - blackcatsmiley - blacksheepsmiley - biggrin


Socks in a different dimension

Post 7

daddypoos

there is no big fat sock controller. it's a myth to keep socks on their toes. socks have a mind of their own and go where they please.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more