Journalists

2 Conversations

Journalists are, by and large, small, frightened creatures. They have large, round eyes, but are almost completely blind. They have small ears, to avoid hearing criticism. Their hands are huge, as they need to be able to hold as many alcoholic liquids as possible, which contributes greatly to their blindness.

There are two types of Journalists.

The Day Journalist creeps through the world during daylight hours, as it seems less scary. It wears Hawaiian shirts, large shorts, and smokes continuously. The smoking is an attempt to form a thick fog that shields the Journalist from literary attack.

The Night Journalist rises as the sun goes down. It wears dark sunglasses, to make the world virtually invisible. This is a defence mechanism, a feeble attempt at pretending the world isn't really there. Both types of journalists drink heavily. Their blood-alcohol levels are beyond normal human limits, and usually remain that way long after they die.

Journalists prefer small dark rooms to work in, and will often scuttle into cupboards if a light is switched on. If offered information about a new story, or 'scoop', they will invariably run away screaming. This is because a Journalist will try to stay as far away from work, and as close to a bar as possible.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A57881

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more