A Conversation for A Recipe for Roasted Pheasant

You swine

Post 1

silverygibbon

Do you know how impossible it is to get pheasant in regional Oz?

I'm going to be salivating for weeks now. Great job. smiley - cool


You swine

Post 2

Phoenician Trader

I have only got a taste for the birds since living in London - 3 for £5 at the local market. Probably about the cheapest thing you can by at the Borough Market.

In Adelaide you could get them at the Central Market sourced from Maggie Beer's Pheasant Farm (her cook books helped inspire this recipe). I have no idea where you would get the birds anywhere else in the country. You may have a half chance in Victoria since they do actually appreciate cooking there. In New South Wales I wouldn't like your chances nor in the other states.

smiley - lighthouse


You swine

Post 3

silverygibbon

Phrahan Market in Melbourne was where we went for game. Good range and fresh.

But that's 2000 km away now. Looong drive for some venison...


You swine

Post 4

webcor

along ride to get some pheasants as well.................


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more