A Conversation for Ljubljana, Slovenia

Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 1

Smiley Ben

Yes, that will be the name of my Autobiography!

A warning, though, for those visiting this beautiful, friendly city: Mondays in Ljubljana. Basically the capital, as with most of the country, is closed on Monday. Our interrailing plans happened to put us on the sleeper into Slovenia from Budapest arriving Monday morning, and on the sleeper out to Venice that night. It's amazing how many times you can go 'Oooh, we could do... oh no, closed on Mondays... we could go to... oops, Tuesday to Sunday... I know we could...', and never thinking to check /when/ things are open.

Having said that, there's lots to do, and stuff to see outside. There's a trail up into the hills to... er... I think the West of town, which is a beautiful route (with one of those hilarious 'jump over this log'; 'do five starjumps'; 'stand on your head' assault courses in parts). The city really is very pretty, and the restaurants are open on Mondays, and really rather good - my pizza rivelled all of those I had in Italy, and bested many!


Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 2

Researcher 221977

Actualy in Slovenija is everything open on Monday. Maybe in Italy but in Slo everything is closed on Sundays and on Saturday p.m.


Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 3

Smiley Ben

Er.... I really did experience a weird Monday in Ljubljana, and everything was closed. Just the capital?


Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 4

Matjaž

Was it easter monday?


Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 5

Smiley Ben

No.


Mondays in Ljubljana

Post 6

elensar

it must have been some kind of holiday... maybe Presernov dan? stores in the old centre close soon... maybe you were out late


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more