A Conversation for Ghosts

Ghosts in Somerset

Post 1

Pirate Alexander LeGray

I didn't believe in ghosts, till one strange night around the stroke of twelve.
When I saw an old man, with crooked teeth,long Norman nose, straggly white hair, with an interested look upon his grey face.
I was in a deserted factory yard, in a place called Chilcompton, near Shepton Mallet, and it was exactly my second eventful visit.
The man was about five foot six, wearing a sleeveless hessian jacket over a billowy white cotton shirt. Black trousers held up with string, and brown shoes.
A good description eh,he was only five feet away. I noticed a broken shotgun slung over his left arm.
He said: "You've had a long and interesting life, so many experiences and its not over yet, You have one more thing to do."
The vision of this man was unbearable and I was strapped with fear. Looking away before he started to speak.
Their was a loud bang, I was wet down the side facing him with a warm substance, birds beat their escape, as I did. Upon leaving the perimeter I was instantly dry and their was no evidence of the old man.
Suffice to say I never visited that place again, and never will.
This isn't my only experience, but until then I denied the existence of ghosts and suppose in a way still do. Other stories are far too bazaar to mention and besides others regard me as a scientist, which is also hard to explain.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more