A Conversation for Straight Edge Philosophy

Amy's Girl

Post 1

Willowwulf

Under "sXe in the Media," it might be notable that those of us here in America who have never previously heard of Strait Edge were recently exposed to the idea when on the television drama "Judging Amy," the daughter of the title character (can't remember the girl's name right now) recently started concerning her mother after she joined the group but didn't bother to explain to her mother the philosophy. All Amy knew was that the girl was dying her hair pink, wearing punk clothes, and refusing to eat meat. After she discovered what Strait Edge was, she was left with a tough choice: encourage the things she doesn't aprove of in order to encourage the good virtues, or voice her disgust of pink hair and thus discourage a movement with good intentions. It really brings Strait Edge (and similar teen decisions that have nothing to do with the movement) home to families in a way they can identify with.


Key: Complain about this post

Amy's Girl

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more