A Conversation for 'Hillbilly Hollywood' - Country Music Movies

Why, I never ...

Post 1

Moon Pie

That's the darndest thing I ever heard! Never heard suck like before! I always thought that the country music / movie connection started with Kenny Rogers, Kris Kristoferson and Willie Nelson. Now I know about the Golden Age of Country Music movies. Isn't this the same era as the Beverly Hillbillies? Do we have a sort of reinterpretation of rural American traditions going on here? Perhaps a search to integrate traditional values with post war cosmopolitanism? Or is it an escape for people who are tired of Cold War threats to security -- for people who long to return to a more rural less complicated isolated America? Hillbilly Hollywood, save my soul!


Why, I never ...

Post 2

originalBillyBob

... seen the ocean, I ain't never been no school. But my sister is my cousin's wife, Ma married grandfer on my Daddy's side and I can play banjo like you ain't never heard. Ain't nothing better than jest sittin and playin, and it don't matter that my feet are webbed and I only got one ear. Ain't no-one gonna find me here .....


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Hillbilly Hollywood' - Country Music Movies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more