A Conversation for Entropy versus Information

See Also

Post 1

Barton

This is a lovely article, well presented.

If you would like to see this information treated in greater detail and at the same time see a treatment of communication theories applied to artistic messages, you might enjoy looking up "Information Theory and Esthetic Communication" by Abraham Moles, which I treasure for its vocabulary and the clever way in which he managed to establish that aesthetic and semantic information are distinct.

Be advised that the book has a lot of math in it, but that the casual reader can safely ignore the math for the concepts alone.

Barton


See Also

Post 2

Martin Harper

Thanks Barton smiley - smiley

That's the book from which you got your view of art from, I presume? That I overheard you expounding on somewhere or other...


See Also

Post 3

Barton

That's the book where I got a lot of the vocabulary and concepts I used in formulating my view of art. Moles would be shocked to see how I have generalized from his stuff.

Your statement is roughly like saying that the concept of social relativity is based on Einstein. smiley - smiley Oh, did I tell you how pissed I am that everyone stole *my* idea of social relativity? smiley - winkeye

Barton


See Also

Post 4

Martin Harper

smiley - laugh

Sorry - didn't mean to imply you were just another dumb groupie... smiley - smiley


See Also

Post 5

Barton

I'm not just another dumb groupie. I'm the original dumb groupie!

smiley - smiley

There was no offense taken, it was just a clarification.

I could see someone familiar with Moles, attacking me for my non-Molesian position if I did not set the record straight.

Since nothing goes away on h2g2, these things can come back and bite you on the bum.

smiley - smiley

Barton


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more