A Conversation for Radiation Energy Detection Units

Why it won't work...

Post 1

26199

Having just done a few rough calculations using what physics I can remember at the moment (grin)... if you focused all the light from a 60 watt light-bulb onto your detector, you'd end up with something like a ten millionth of a newton of force... or about the weight of a hundred thousandth of a gram.

Detecting that little force is hard enough in the lab, to do it under real life conditions seems impossible...

I'm not going to swear to any of the above figures, though smiley - smiley

26199


Why it won't work...

Post 2

Peregrin

Seems about right...

And re. the nuclear reprisal thing, good idea in principle but it'd be very easy to get round. Most nuclear countries have bunkers in really weird places, for a start. And it'd be easy to fire decoy missiles and stuff.

Oh and why does it need that system in particular to detect it? I would have thought a nuclear explosion would be a pretty easy thing to detect...


Key: Complain about this post

Why it won't work...

More Conversations for Radiation Energy Detection Units

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more