A Conversation for A Guide to the Menu at Starbucks

Live music in Starbucks

Post 1

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

It should be noted that live music is no longer allowed in Starbucks coffee places, by order from the head honchos. Supposedly, the music distracts from the coffee drinking or something inane like that. I personally substituted for a jazz band which played a Starbucks on weekends with rather a lot of success, for both the band and for the Starbucks which sponsored us. I can vouch for the fact that many people would come to Starbucks for the express purpose of watching us play and would then buy coffee. There were still those, of course, who came to hear us without ordering anything, but those people wouldn't have even bothered to stop by without the musical draw. The corporate order, however, stopped our Starbucks gigs, and I'm sure that the shop has suffered for it on those Friday and Saturday nights.


Live music in Starbucks

Post 2

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

wow, was this a company wide, or just a decision from the regional manager or something?


Live music in Starbucks

Post 3

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

According to what I was told, the decision was company-wide. The local manager wanted us to keep playing.

Or else he lied so as to not hurt our feelings. smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more