A Conversation for Grooming Tips

Too much time on our hands

Post 1

badger party tony party green party

I was watching Crufts last night and could'nt help but wonder at the emptiness of peoples lives who can find time to blow dry their dogs' fur to eight times the size of the actual dog. I've got two mutts they are smelly, scruffy and have got an entire tail. So fall way outside of what the Kennel Club fashionistas promote. They obviously in their hundreds of years of animal mutilation and in-breeding (in-breeding of dogs that is although when you look at some of the owners you do wonder dont you) have come to know better than nature.

Then I read the entry about grooming, loads of good money and resource saving advice. It always makes me happy to see people using natural remedies rather than paying big corporations for products to strip our skin of our own oils then pay some more for products to replace those oils.

Yet the overall theme of the article has a thread that reminds me of the Kenel Clubs "breed standards". Why are we so obsessed with where hair should and should'nt be. Heaven forbid it should turn the wrong colour or become too greasy. Also if people do want to look younger shoud'nt they be trying to increase their likelihood of geting pimples so that hey look more like teenagers? Newborn babies have the puffiest eyes and the most inflamed skin I've seen on any human and their youngest people I know (apart from that time when my girlfriend had a bad reaction to some oyster sauce, the fact that she looked years younger bought her absolutely no joy as her lips turned blue and the paramedics pumed adrenalin into her).

If your still unsureof the absurdity and the lack of importance of grooming try to remeber who DNA put amongst the dispensible third of the population on the evacuation ships.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more