A Conversation for 'You're the One' by Paul Simon

On "One Trick Pony"

Post 1

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

I always felt that the film disappearing as it did robbed the world of one of his better albums, actually...certainly one of my favourites, unfairly tarred with the same brush as the movie, which certainly is a stinker...
I was dissapointed by "You're The One", but think I probably need to go and re-listen to it at some point...


On "One Trick Pony"

Post 2

Myriad

I quite liked the movie.

OK, he's not much of an actor but the basic story was sound and the dialogue could have been a lot worse. The "parachutes" song was good, as well as the title track.

Methinks people were expecting too much??



Myriad.


On "One Trick Pony"

Post 3

Ermel

Sure he's not much of an actor, but for the purpose of this movie, does he need to be one? I found him to be convincing, to fit well the role he played. Certainly not a brilliant movie by any stretch of the imagination, but a solid, honest one.


On "One Trick Pony"

Post 4

SilentEyes82

I agree with Ermel (and yes, I do realise that I'm posting this years later!). I think Paul did a decent job of it, and he has a great sense of humour that sometimes goes unnoticed. I find him to be quite funny in this film. I think there are also some gems in the soundtrack that haven't received the recognition they deserve, and actually demonstrate classic "Paul Simon" moments just as well as many other songs of his.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more