A Conversation for Crazy Golf and Putting Courses on the Isle of Wight

SHE IS TIGER WOODS!

Post 1

KiwiBeatle

We've just had a MINIGOLF compitition @ work & Carla " Happy Gilmore"
Williams was the star! Her who dares wins attitude & wild shotz meant max points!
How we only got 3rd i don't know!


CRAZY G

Post 2

jencapp

Hi there- I love that someone else has recognised the iow's potential as a crazy golf venue!! please visit our website- www.crazygingers.blogspot.com and go to the september archives to see our crazy golf tour of the isle of wight. We are going again in september and will be checking out the rest of the courses that they have to offer- so thanks for the list!
Keep it G

Jen


CRAZY G

Post 3

Bluebottle

I love playing crazy golf on the Island - just a shame that some of my old favourite courses are gone...

<BB<


CRAZY G

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

I enjoyed this Entry - a great mix of crazy golf and sightseeing.

I played crazy golf this month for the first time (playing one hole 9 times at Pontins because I couldn't fit through the gate to reach the other holes didn't really count).

The wheelchair accessible course was a bit tame compared to some of the ones described here - there were a couple of windmills, but apart from that it was fibreglass and green carpet. There were a few sound effects too - a fanfare when you sent the ball through a windmill, and the Jaws Theme played distractingly when people followed their ball on to one of the greens.

It was challenging for me, especially because the artificial light casting no shadows made it difficult to see the lie of the land, and it exercised muscles I didn't even know I had, but I never took more than 5 shots to the hole, and once I even got a hole in one!


Crazy Golf

Post 5

Bluebottle

This entry is a bit inaccurate and out of date now, but generally good fun. I'll have to have a game of crazy golf or two next time I'm over. Especially as my son quite likes the game now.
The strangest crazy golf I've played (not on the Island) was 4D golf in Yorkshire's Xscape, where you have an indoor, pitch black course vut with glowing decorations, glow-in-the-dark balls and obstacles and 3D glasses. I felt very dizzysmiley - cdouble

<BB<


Crazy Golf

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

That 4D golf does sound weird... Not sure I'd fancy that myself, as crazy golf was hard enough for me in the light smiley - cdouble


Crazy Golf

Post 7

Bluebottle

Last week I played four crazy golf courses on the Island, one in Sandown, two in Shanklin and one at Alum Bay.

<BB<


Crazy Golf

Post 8

Bluebottle

Here's a video of a dinosaur arriving in my home town's new crazy golf course: http://twitter.com/i/status/1108300524112232448

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Crazy Golf and Putting Courses on the Isle of Wight

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more