A Conversation for Games to Play In a Queue at a Supermarket Checkout

Plastic bag fun

Post 1

Stefanf

In the Netherlands, we don't weigh our fruits and veggies at the counter. Instead there's a scale over at the fruits & vegetables. You have to put your stuff in a plastic bag, and press a button to select the sort of stuff you have. Then you put the bag on a scale and the price gets calculated. When you press a button, the price tag is printed and you stick it on the bag.
This is a good opportunity to have a lot of fun smiley - smiley

CHECKOUT CHEAT
You weigh your veggies and stick the price tag on your bag. Then you put some more in the bag. See how much extra you can check out before the clerk figures it out (or cares).
Be careful though. You're taking more than you're paying for, which is basically stealing and illegal. You could get into a lot of trouble.

CHECKOUT CHOOSE
Print several price tags, all saying something different, and stick them all on the same bag. Watch the clerk get pissed smiley - winkeye


Plastic bag fun

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

In Ireland, supermarkets stopped letting people weigh their own fruit and vegetables to prevent them playing the first game.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more