A Conversation for How to Lose and Control Weight

why?

Post 1

Nessie

Hello all! smiley - kiss

I don't know how to lose weight, I have no tips to share.

I find the whole concept pretty obscure really. My gran spent her life following the precept that a woman should do all she can to be and remain a US size 8 [CH 34 I think] and ruinned her health doing so.

I was never a thin person, and really had a complex about my innabillity to control my body like she did.

My body was never designed to be a size 34 but more a 44 and it was the same for my mind. I could never accept my body for what it was...mine.

One day I became very smiley - ill and remained in hospital for a year. Though I was a seemingly very healthy 60 Kg, I was to thin for my frame and my body wasn't having it at all. I nearly died!

What I am trying to say is that up to that point I thought of my body as something seperate from myself.

The only diet advice I have is that the body and the mind is a whole. If you want to lose weight, lose the attitude. Understand it and accept it with all it's little quicks and your weight will settle at a level that you feel confortable with naturally, I honnestly belive so.
Eat when you are hungry not when you want to eat, stop when you have had enough, drink alot of water, try yoga for an exercise routine that is not agressive on your heart and on your body and doesnt involve hangigng around gymqueens and Arniewannabes.

I have done and at a weight that varies between 65/70 and 75/80 kg I have now understood how I am and have accepted my sometimes rubbing thighs, big butt, wobbly tummy and other bits as intrinsic parts of what makes me who and what I am as much as my grumpy/moody caracter, and terrible PMS without wishing I were someone else. Eventhough when I was thin I discovered I had a Jennifer Lopez-like figure I was not confortable with the way I looked.

I heard somewhere 'save your brain and your ass will follow' I would suggest to anyone to meditate on that for a few months before taking up a diet.

[though this still applies, if you are morbidly obese for non hormonal reasons ditching the smiley - cupcakesmiley - cupcakesmiley - cupcake is a must and maybe a year or two of therapy]

smiley - rose Nessie smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more