A Conversation for The News Quiz - the Radio Programme

I want my News Quiz!

Post 1

azahar

A hootoo friend of mine told me about the News Quiz sometime late last year and so each weekend I got on the internet (I live in Spain) and got linked to Radio 4 and totally enjoyed the News Quiz programmes. And then suddenly they disappeared!

I now see by this entry that they are constantly being switched around with two other programmes that I really don't like half as well. Okay, I don't mind Just a Minute but the other one - ick.

I suppose I should just appreciate if and when I am able to hear the News Quiz, but the thing is, as with all radio or tv programmes, you just get so used to them! They become a part of your life, a bit of what you do each weekend, for example.

And it's the sudden whisking away - or is that just me? Is there actually a schedule? I have just been made very sad this afternoon by trying to listen to the News Quiz only to discover - once again - it just isn't there! smiley - wah

azahar


I want my News Quiz! reply

Post 2

Hurlingfrootmig

Hi Azahar;

The newsquiz runs in a non-continuous set of series (usually 2-3 a year) of programmes that tend to last between 10-14 programmes each. It is normal for the Newsquiz to disappear for weeks if not months at a time.

I usually listen to them via the BBC 4 site as well as I don't live in England anymore. Generally the Newsquiz is off for the summer, but this can range from five months down to three depending upon the whims of the programme planners (one assumes). I haven't heard when the next series begins, but tha last one ended in early June I believe. Expect to see them back no later than September/October and possibly well before that.


I want my News Quiz! reply

Post 3

Killdare

The next series of News Quiz begins recording on 30thSeptember, with the episode going out at 6.30 on Friday 1st October, repeated at 12.30 on 2nd October. It's a short run this time (just 6 weeks) but it should be leaping back into action some time in December.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more