A Conversation for Chimes Cider Bar/Restaurant, Churton Street, London, UK

Thumbs up!

Post 1

Smiley Ben

I can give Chimes a definite thumbs up, too. It's a really nice, friendly bar, and is large enough that you usually don't have to cram. And it's actually somewhere where you can savour the delights of cider without looking a total sissy! Enjoy! smiley - winkeye


Thumbs up!

Post 2

tiptop

I'd have to agree too.

We found it by accident a couple of weeks ago and wandered in. Perhaps it was just the Christmas feeling, or maybe it's always that way, but we were struck by the number of tweed-wearers. Elderly ladies and gentlemen who looked displaced from their country estates. Very odd. Does it attract a younger crowd at all?

We didn't eat there but the drinks were top notch. You can't often get the homemade-style wines and perries outside of beer festivals and country shows, so they were particularly well received.

And whilst we're on the street, I can strongly recommend Grumbles restaurant, over the road. Excellent service, comparatively cheap and very very nice food (though the menu perhaps isn't quite as large as at some other places).

tiptop


Thumbs up!

Post 3

Drool Frood the Second

I really fancy going to this place.Whats the address?


Thumbs up!

Post 4

Morris Minor II

Whoops someone mentioned Cider didn't they???? Old Scrumpy jumps in again, the vat if she gets the chance!!!!


Thumbs up!

Post 5

tiptop

Try this:

[URL removed by moderator]

It's only a small street, off the main road between Pimlico and Victoria stations. Once you're on Churton street just walk along until you see it.

tt.


Thumbs up!

Post 6

I'm not really here

I drink cider all the time. Apparently the reason why people get drunk on cider so quickly is because the body treats anything over 8% as toxic and doesn't absorb it properly. And most ciders are just under that volume.
And thanks very much for this article. I have a very close friend who is also a cider drinker, so we might be wandering up to London to try this place in a few weeks. smiley - smiley


Thumbs up!

Post 7

Drool Frood the Second

Ah spying on me again Morris.
yep you know I love a bit of the ole scrumpy!
I think this place is worth a visit though.When are we going?


Morris the Spydder

Post 8

Morris Minor II

Yes that's me Morris the Spydder ummmmmmm. Make mine a large one, I quite like the sound of them there jugs!!!!!!!!


Morris the Spydder

Post 9

Drool Frood the Second

okay plenty of smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale coming up!!!!!!!!!
Don't you just love the smileys smiley - smiley


Morris the Spydder

Post 10

Morris Minor II

You're only showing off, cos you know I can't do that!!!!!!!

Still thanks for the drink, cheers!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Chimes Cider Bar/Restaurant, Churton Street, London, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more