A Conversation for Plumbing in British Hotels

Modesty becomes me

Post 1

Pheroneous

I must disclaim any credit for this item. I am not sure that a minor contribution in Peer Review qualifies for co-authorship.

Can I also put in a mention for those wonderful sachets of shampoo thoughtfully provided free of charge in bathrooms of establishments bent, it seems, on an economy drive. These things are splendidly made so that, when dampened under an erratic shower they are impossible to undo except by the teeth, the effort of which causes you to lose balance in the wet shower, thus causing you, the unfortunate customer, not only to slip and possibly cause severe bodily damage, but also to fill the mouth with a cheap and nasty frothy soap, causing further risk by flailing around whilst stood in a slippery bath.


Modesty becomes me

Post 2

IanG

To be fair, the entire section on coughing bath taps was yours wasn't it? So was the gag about 'safe cracking'. (At least I'm fairly sure I didn't come up with that one.)

As for the unwanted mouth wash, I can only assume that certain hotels have become frustrated with their customers' use of bad language. smiley - smiley


disclaimer

Post 3

Pheroneous

No, the safe-cracker wasn't me. Suspect the editor!

I really just wanted to say in public that the entry was yours, and excellent as it was. I only came along afterwards and added a little bit which was not imho of the same standard. It is galling to have a good idea, write well about it, and then have some pipsqueak add a couple of sentences and apparently share the credit. (No, not a hint of bitterness!!!)


disclaimer

Post 4

IanG

Actually it got submitted with just my name on it once before and it got rejected... So I don't have any problem with the choice between sharing the credit and getting no credit at all. smiley - smiley But thanks for the positive comments!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more