A Conversation for Nikola Tesla

Radio Show Reference

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

You can see references to Tesla in an American scifi radio show, Ruby: the Galactic Gumshoe. Tesla is portrayed as the wildly eccentric patron saint of a band of performance techs for the Digital Circus on a distant world.

In Ruby 4, the characters seek special guidance from Saint Tesla. And/Or and Ruby do a Tesla-inspired chant, and Tesla's spirit rises from a set of Tesla coils. He gives bizarre bits of advice on self-realization and implants the blueprints for an unknown device in And/Or's head. And/Or later saves the day by creating the device from memory.

Ruby: the Galactic Gumshoe is available for purchase from ZBS Productions at [URL removed by moderator]


Radio Show Reference

Post 2

Norton II

thanks for the tip- I'll check it out.


Radio Show Reference

Post 3

St. tar-palantir (patron saint of left-handers)

isn't it dreadful when a great mind like Tesla's is abused for such a rediculous premise.


Radio Show Reference

Post 4

Norton II

It is, but that's popular culture for you. It upsets me more that he doesn't have the recogition for what he did,though. I could handle the silly SF stuff if he had.
Did you like the article?


Radio Show Reference

Post 5

St. tar-palantir (patron saint of left-handers)

yes it wasn't bad.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more