A Conversation for The London Underground

Nutters

Post 1

Peta

The tube network is full of nutters. They climb on and rant at the top of their voice about religion or beer or about women that they hate. They always shout. They often smell. And they ALWAYS sit next to YOU.


Nutters

Post 2

Merkin

You've had a lot of unfortunate experiences on the underground haven't you Peta! Are you sure you didn't ask specially for this section to be created? smiley - winkeye

My favourite nutters on the underground are those who try are immensely cheerful, and insist on chatting to everybody, especially frowning men in suits, who would rather be disembowled than actually have a chat.

Pete
Member of the Movement for Unbridled Conversation on Underground Services (MUCUS)


Nutters

Post 3

Peta

I thought - yesssss! Now's my chance! I hate it dirty smelly horrid place. I use the Northern line which doesn't help.


Nutters

Post 4

Misty

May I recommend my Avoiding Nutters advice ? See conversation above. DEE


Nutters

Post 5

a visitor to planet earth

I travel on the tube several times a year and have never met a nutter yet. But I have seen some interesting buskers.


Nutters

Post 6

a visitor to planet earth

Correction, met a nutter last time returning home on the line from
Tower Hill to Victoria, circle and district line.


Nutters

Post 7

ironjoe_qld_oz

Nobody has mentioned the nutters at the front of the train..

example 1: late on friday night with a train load of pissed-up office slaves approaching Camden Town the driver thought it would be funny if he pretended that he wasn't going to stop only to apply the brakes at the very last second ie.. half-way through the platform!

example 2: the power was inexplicably cut whilst the train was between stations in the tunnel rendering us stationary. After 5mins wait with no sign of movement the driver decided to make the most of his captive audience and starting reciting his own poetry!

example 3: on a typical grey Monday morning in winter, the driver took great glee in announcing that he was flying to Barbados that evening for 2 weeks of sunshine and asked if any single, vivacious young ladies on the train were keen to accompany him and if so knock on the driver's door in the front carriage!

feel free to forward any other instances of driver distractions


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more