Project: Great Mathematicians I (the Greeks)

2 Conversations

Faculty of<br/>
Mathematics

  • Project name: Great Mathematicians I (The Greeks)
  • Field Researchers: The h2g2 Mathematical Institute and Joe aka Arnia
  • Faculty: Mathematics and Statistics
  • Department: Mathematics
  • Start date: 25th December 2000
  • End date: 25th January 2001
  • Project Description

    The Greeks represented the first "Golden Age" of mathematics. The foundations of logical method, proof and deduction. Their influence is as strong now as it was in the heady days of the Graeco-Roman empire. The Greeks are considered the cradle of modern mathematics, and the following mathematicians were the greatest of the Greeks.

    The Great Mathematician series of projects is going to be a warts and all set of biographies of the life and times of some of the past three millenia's greatest mathematicians. Marvel at their stories that drove them through maths.

    Pages proposed to cover:

    Contributing Researchers


    Part of the h2g2 Mathematical Institute.

    • Joanna Hypatia, Thales, Archimedes

    Further Information Required


    We need; writers, proof-readers, scouts, subbies and readability testers


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A482483

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    References

    h2g2 Entries

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more