A Conversation for Traditional North German Food: Rich Sweet Dishes

swasiberry maladasha

Post 1

Jotune

Would you have a recipe for swasiberry maladasha ? My grandma would make it when I was child, she would have the berrys sent from Kansas. As I remeber they were a blueberry but sweet and very tart , They didn't grow very well here in Indiana.


swasiberry maladasha

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm sorry, I've never heard that name before. Red jelly is one of the favourite dishes for summer, though, and quite easily made.

Can you get morelly cherries in a glass (and such juice)?
You would need:
1 glass of morello cherries (stoneless)
750ml of morello cherry juice
100g of castor sugar
60g of cornstarch
750g of fresh berries (strawberries, red-or black current, raspberries, blackberries, sweet cherries)


One way to make the jelly would be to heat the content of one glass of morello cherries (stoneless) and 750ml of the juice in a pot, add 100g of castor sugar, add 60 g of cornstarch (take some of the juice and mix with the cornstarch first before adding it). wash and clean the fresh berries, add them, let briefly boil. Pour all into a bowl which you've rinsed with cold water, let all cool down. When cold, enjoy. You can have milk with it, or whipped cream.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Traditional North German Food: Rich Sweet Dishes

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more