A Conversation for Could Atlantis Still Exist?

New atlantis evidence

Post 1

jonnyara

On the New Scientist website (I would post the URL but they get removed) they have an article that takes about new evidence for atlantis placing it right where it should be. Or rather there would have been an island in the place where Plato describes atlantis being.


New atlantis evidence

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

I've just read the article. Mr Collina-Girard says he's found evidence of an island, but the article makes no mention of archeological evidence. The other problem I have with his theory is that the island was covered thousands of years before the oldest known 'civilisation'. Any archeological search would reveal primitive artifacts, not the more advanced ones he seems to think might be there if the island was a 'stepping stone' for the spread of 'cultures'. If any decent evidence is found, I'll change my mind about the island being inhabited, but the evidence would have to be really something for me to change my mind about it being the model for Atlantis.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more