A Conversation for Stellar Magnitudes

A minor quibble

Post 1

Jimi X

In the bit leading up to the second footnote, it should probably read,
"An example of this is Sirius, which is the brightest star in the NIGHT sky(2), shining at mag -1.4."

Since everyone knows the brightest star in the sky is the Sun. smiley - winkeye


A minor quibble

Post 2

Jimi X

Also, instead of crediting both of Joanna and I in one entry, the automated system created two identical entries with different entry numbers.

The exact copy of this entry can be found at http://www.h2g2.com/A461981 with Jimi X as the Researcher and no mention of dear, dear Joanna.

Hey guys, can someone fix this?


A minor quibble

Post 3

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

The problem with the duplicate entries will be resolved by the towers staff before the entry makes it to the front page.

I just did the sub-editing in the wee hours of last night, and only the towers staff has access to make the changes necessary for entries with more than one researcher. Eventually there will be just one entry number with both researchers credited.

And I agree with the bit about Sirius and the Sun -- I can't make changes now, but the head editors will take care of that before it makes it to the front page.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A minor quibble

Post 4

Jimi X

When I saw that message at egroups I suspected that you were dealing with me and Joanna! smiley - winkeye

I've already talked with Anna about this and they'll take care of it. Some kind of bug with entries being sent back from the Peer Review.

Great job combining them btw! smiley - smiley

Oh, and I wanted to commend you on your Girl Scout project at the University. I don't know anything about them, but I was a Boy Scout and it looks like you've got it well in hand.

- X


A minor quibble

Post 5

J'au-æmne

smiley - smiley cool... I noticed that this entry originally didn't credit you... But I have to admit I just thought everything would just come out right....

....and it did. Yay! smiley - smiley


A minor quibble

Post 6

Jimi X

But could we fix the sentence leading up to the second footnote that Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky. Please? smiley - smiley


A minor quibble

Post 7

Ashley



It should all be better now smiley - smiley


A minor quibble

Post 8

Jimi X

Thanks Ashley!
It's a minor thing, but one that would surely be exposed by a pendant somewhere. smiley - winkeye


A minor quibble

Post 9

J'au-æmne

Thanks from me too smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more