A Conversation for Austin, Texas, USA

What about the drivers?

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

May I draw your attention to this forum... http://www.h2g2.com/F18377?thread=68479 I'd like to add that I've also now been tailgated by a police car, also not on an emergency call. The state of the traffic in Austin is on everyone's lips right now, especially with the votes being counted for the proposition to build a light rail system in town as I write. Coming from London, I have to say that Austin traffic is a piece of cake. North Lamar, I-35, and Mo-Pac may all be hell during the rush hour, but at least the rush hour isn't much more than 60 minutes. I think I read a letter in The Statesman a few weeks ago which bemoaned the fact that Friday afternoon's rush hour starts at 3.30pm and ends at 7.30pm. The Friday afternoon rush hour in London started about 15 years ago and hasn't ended yet!!! Nobody is yet calling I-35 the world's longest car park - that honour goes to London's orbital motorway, the M25.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more