A Conversation for 'The Complete Robot' by Isaac Asimov

The Positronic Man?

Post 1

$u$

Wasn't this story (have I remembered the title correctly?) amongst these? I'm thinking of the story that the Robin Williams' film, Bicentennial Man, was based on. Very touching movie. Clever story.

smiley - grrFor some inexplicable reason I didn't buy the Bicentennial Man when I saw it for sale in London last week - £5 on video.smiley - doh

Must read some of these stories again... it has been far far too long.

'Sussmiley - aliensmile


The Positronic Man?

Post 2

Casanova the Short

The paperback version of The Bicentennial Man and other stories was called The Bicentennial Man. Hold on a tick...
Just checked Asimov's notes. Apparently it was written for an antholoy commemorating (?sp) America's Bicentennial, and as such has always been called Bicentennial.

Speaking of America, I read in today's paper that George W. Bush's I.Q. is 91(5), and that he is one of two presidents out of the last twelve to have an I.Q. below 100 (the accepted average). The other, surprisingly, was George Bush...


The Positronic Man?

Post 3

$u$

smiley - laugh

What does that say about the IQs of those who elected him?smiley - winkeye

smiley - ufo


The Positronic Man?

Post 4

Casanova the Short

(1)If you wish to vote for BUSH G, please punch out the first chad.
(2)If you wish to vote for GORE A, please punch out the second chad.
(3)If you wish to cause a ruck, please punch out any combination of chads or none at all.

Well, on a general note of confidence for the most powerful Western nation, 52% of American adults questioned in 1999 didn't know that the Sun was a star.


The Positronic Man?

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - yikes

Why doesn't that surprise me, though? Considering that I am an American and have come across inexplicable ignorance before... Of course, all those Asimov science fact books have helped me! (Unfortunately, I was finally talked into getting rid of them a few months ago, as we were moving, I had about 10, I hadn't read them in ages, and the most recent was from 1983...)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more