A Conversation for David Irving - Historian

The Absurd

Post 1

cactusklaw

It would appear ludicrous to give publicity to a man who would deny the "Nuremberg Trials".Yet history teaches few lessons other than unless vigilance is shown horrific evil can be repeated.We now have a War Crimes tribunal in the Hague trying to dust off and expose genocidal intent and action before a world audience.If by the British Courts decision only one person is deterred from amiliorating racism"s progeny it is a fine act.


The Absurd

Post 2

stella x

Cactusklaw,

Hello. Like your sentiments, spot on re Irving and Nuremburg. However, war crimes must meet legal sanction BUT I've a horrible feeling that Milosovic's lawyers are right and the Hague tribunal is illegal. If so, our repudiation of war crimes is worth jack s**t, and there's a danger that the accused will become martyrs to the cause. If we don't do it right it'd be better if we didn't do it at all. Legal cock ups just provide ammunition for Herr Irving and his tragic freinds.

Re the British courts - don't be too quick to congratulate us - after all, we let Pinochet go home.

Yours in hope,

Stella X.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more