The Spirit of Woodstock Festival in Mirapuri (NO), Italy

0 Conversations


The Spirit of Woodstock Festival is an international, independent music festival „For Freefeelin‘ Rock Ladies and Gents“, a „Festival creative with the mighty dream of Unity, Love and Freedom“, as the brochures put it. The festival was initiated by Michel Montecrossa in 1993 and since then is organized by the Omnidiet Hotel in Mirapuri/Italy.
It takes place every year in the beginning of August (Friday to Sunday) at the Omnidiet Resort and Business Hotel in Mirapuri/Coiromonte in Northern Italy. Each year a wide variety of bands is presenting their music in a great atmosphere to an enthusiastic audience (the distance between the musicians and the audience is rather small). The music styles comprise Rock of every kind and colour, sometimes with hints of Pop (Folk, New Style Music, Hard Rock, Ecstasy Rock, Cosmic Rock, Heavy Metal, World Music...).
In the accompanying program we find „Beer fest, Grill party, Miss and Mister Rock‘n Roll Election...“ and the price for the tickets is very moderate.
The whole ensemble of the event creates a relaxed and dense atmosphere in which people always have a lot of fun.

Technical Aspects

Times


Music starts in the afternoon in sessions of 15 to 30 Minutes per band/musician and finishes after midnight. Each band has one performance per day.

Location


Mirapuri/Coiromonte is situated in the North-Italian province of Novara, in the hills between the lakes Lago Maggiore (nearest city Stresa) and and Lago d‘Orta (Armeno, Orta). Stresa can also be reached by train.

Accomodation


As during the Festival to Omnidiet Hotel and the Mirapuri Guesthouse are always filled to the rim, visitors should seek accomodation in the surrounding places (Stresa, Verbania, Baveno, Arona, Orta, Armeno, Omegna...) or plan a camping vacation.

Link


More Infomation and a map: The official Spirit of Woodstock site

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A419933

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more