A Conversation for Moshing and Moshers

Other types of moshing

Post 1

Tyashi

I'm kinda what you could call a mosher :P And one thing that i have realized is that every different "genre" of music has it's own distinct type of moshing. And I know, since i've moshed them all. Stereotypically, the slam-moshing is most present with heavy metal, and can be very agressive and painful.
Pogoing is more of a pop-punk kinda thing, there is a lot of that at shows for bands like sum41, etc.
Ninja-moshing, a personal pet peeve of mine, is typically done at "hardcore" shows, where kids flail limbs in a pathetic attempt to resemble kung fu. Anyone who's ever been to these shows probly knows what it's like to get a foot to the face, and how angry you get.
Circle pits are for hardcore and the like too, usually heavy rock, or power metal, and they can be lots of fun.
A particularily impressive type of mosh was relatively recently coined by the band "Lamb of God", where the entire crowd separates into 2 sides, and when the band begins it's song, they rush at eachother like 2 opposing armies, and literally all hell breaks loose.
I'm sure I am missing some, but you guys can help fill in the others.


Other types of moshing

Post 2

Bobaah - MxLxHxC

>>A particularily impressive type of mosh was relatively recently coined by the band "Lamb of God", where the entire crowd separates into 2 sides, and when the band begins it's song, they rush at eachother like 2 opposing armies, and literally all hell breaks loose<<

This is called the "Wall Of Death" and was not coined by Lamb of God at all, as far as i'm aware it was Stampin' Ground that were the first major metal band to use it at one of their concerts. It's pedantic and useless resurecting this old thread, but it was a point i pedantically felt needed to be made smiley - laugh


Other types of moshing

Post 3

grr

Piggyback moshing.
Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in a miners welfare.
It's like a mosh pit, but with people giving piggy backs at the same time.
From my experience moshing is more a mass fight and shoving.
I've never really regarded pogoing as a form of mosh, more appreciation showing and being energetic.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more